The CAIA Foundation is pleased to announce the 3rd year of its 100 Women in Hedge Funds / CAIA Scholars program funded by PAAMCO since inception. Beginning February 18th, the CAIA Foundation will accept applications through April 1st for ten scholarships awarded to extraordinary women investment professionals intending to take the Level I CAIA exam in September 2013.
Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Possess a minimum of one year of professional experience in the alternative investments industry.
- Pursue a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management.
- Maintain full membership in 100 Women in Hedge Funds.
- Ensure your employer does not currently reimburse the cost of the CAIA program.
- Commit to register for the Level I CAIA exam in September 2013.
- If selected for the Scholarship, agree to serve as an organizational steward for CAIA by participating in organizational events and/or activities.
- Allow CAIA to use your name, name of employer, photo, and/or excerpts from essay responses in support of CAIA marketing and communications campaigns.
- CAIA will waive enrollment and first-time registration fees for its Level I and II exams.
- CAIA will provide its Knowledge Series textbooks (courtesy Wiley Publishing).
- CAIA will provide access to the CFA Standards of Practice Handbook, 10th edition.
- CAIA will provide the Core Integrated Topics for Level II (courtesy IIJ).
- Awardees may elect the Schweser CAIA Level I and 2 Premium Instruction Study Solution® at no cost.
- CAIA will waive the first year of its Association membership fee.
Year Two Scholarships: September 2012
- Karla Canavan, Head of Distribution and Financial Structures, Bunge; Geneva, Switzerland
- Candace Chandra, AQEX LLC; Washington, D.C., USA
- Yuh-Ning Chen, President/Founder, Chenwu Capital Management; Saratoga, CA
- Marvena Edmond, Senior Associate, Advisory Asset Management, Ernst & Young; New York, NY
- Jacqueline Hayot, Chief Operating Officer, Iron Harbor Capital Management; Brooklyn, NY
- Majlinda Kamberi, Research Analyst, Larch Lane Advisors; New York, NY
- Swati Olebe, Student, MIT; New Paltz, NY
- Nimisha Patel, Sr. Research Analyst, Segal Rogers Casey; New York, NY
- Veronica Wong, Director, Moon Capital Management; New York, NY
- Tomoko Yano, Senior Analyst, MCP Asset Management Co., LTD; Hong Kong
Year One Scholarships: September 2011
Congratulations to the 100 Women in Hedge Funds/CAIA Scholars:
- Annette Cazenave, Executive Vice President, R.J. O'Brien Alternative Asset Management, USA
- Indre Dargyte, Associate, Laven Partners, UK
- Kacy Gambles, Investment Management Specialist, Wells Fargo, USA
- Deanna Ingram, Public Markets Portfolio Manager, Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund, USA
- Katherine Kaminski, Senior Investment Research Analyst, RPM Risk & Portfolio Management, Sweden
- Alana Mee-Hyoe Koo, Analyst, Singapore
- Akanksha Rawat, Senior Analyst, DeutscheBank, India
- Kaoutar Sbiyaa, Analyst, Rothschild & Cie Gestion, France
- McKenzie Slaughter, President/CEO, Beyond Capital Markets, USA
- Tenke Zoltani, Investment Manager, Islan Asset Management, Switzerland