Would you or a colleague like to be considered for a scholarship recognizing excellence in alternative investment practice? The CAIA Foundation is pleased to announce the seventh year of its 100 Women in Finance / CAIA Scholars program.
Winners will be notified in mid-May. The CAIA Foundation will award ten scholarships to extraordinary women intending to take the Level I CAIA exam in September 2017.
The scholarship application deadline has passed. Thank you for your interest.
Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Possess a minimum of one year of professional experience in the alternative investments industry.
- Pursue a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management.
- Maintain full membership in 100 Women in Finance.
- Ensure your employer does not currently reimburse the cost of the CAIA program.
- Commit to register for the Level I CAIA exam in September 2017.
- Commit to completing the program within 3 years of initial registration.
- If selected for the Scholarship, agree to serve as an organizational steward for CAIA by participating in organizational events and/or activities.
- Allow CAIA to use your name, name of employer, photo, and/or excerpts from essay responses in support of CAIA marketing and communications campaigns.
- Any retake costs or updated materials costs due to retakes, is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
Application Process & Requirements
- NOTE: Application cannot be saved in draft form. Please be sure you have ample time to complete the entire form and essay questions before starting. Required program application materials include an online application form with three essays and the submission of two, typed letters of professional reference to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure they include your name in the subject line when sending.
Selection & Notification of Applicant Status
- Consistent with past years, application materials will be reviewed by CAIA Association members who volunteer to serve on a dedicated Selection Committee. Reviewers will not evaluate application materials from applicants employed by his/her firm or organization.
- CAIA will provide reviewers with an established, 4-point scoring rubric whereby essay responses are judged on the basis of ambition, clarity, commitment, and innovation.
- CAIA will notify applicants of award status by email by mid-May.
Year Six Scholarship Recipients: September 2016
- Christine Egan, Director of Marketing and Investor Relations, Maritime Capital, Garden City, New York
- Marcia Rothschild, Director, Business Development, SS&C Technologies, Rockville Centre, New York
- Halley Caldwell, Hong Kong
- Janeane Barot-Spencer, Associate - Asset Management, Lowe Enterprises Investors, Winnetka, CA
- Kimberly Daly, Senior Principal Consultant, ACA Compliance Group, Pittsburgh, PA
- Dominique Wyss, Geneva, Switzerland
- Anakaren Sanchez Lopez, Financial Risk Analyst, Afore XXI BANORTE, Mexico
- Marina Hoyle, HR & Operations Manager, Matthew Hoyle Financial Markets, Hong Kong
- Ambrice Miller, Securities Lending Business Strategist/ Associate, BlackRock Advisors Limited, London UK
- Annie Zhang, Controller/ Compliance Officer, University Ventures, Stamford, CT
Year Five Scholarship Recipients: September 2015
- Vanessa Singh, Analyst, Innisfree M&A, Stamford, CT US
- Grace Reyes, Student, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, Albany, CA
- Karolina Kosciolek, Investment Consultant, Prime Quadrant, Toronto, Canada
- Lacey Farrell, Investment Associate, CareGroup Investment Office, Boston, MA
- Sharon Hwang, Investor Relations Associate, Watershed Asset Management, San Francisco, CA
- Leni Ramos, Supervisor, O'Connor Davies LLP, New York, NY
- Sheena Lee, Student, Hong Kong
- Emilia Ronnqvist-Leivo, Manager International Sales, Estlander & Partners, Helsinki, Finland
- Maria Juesas Portoles, Hedge Fund Analyst, Omega Asset Management, London, UK
- Ayse Ulgen, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus, Paris, France
Year Four Scholarship Recipients: September 2014
- Christina Qi, Partner, Domeyard LLC; USA
- Fumi Shiba, Risk Analyst, Nikko AM Americas, USA
- Ge Wu, Intern, JP Capital LLC; USA
- LeShanna Green, Officer, Transfer Agency Manager, IFS | International Fund Services (N.A.) LLC; USA
- Nicola Le Brocq, Alternative Investments Consultant, Enhance Group; Jersey
- Margaret Towle, Partner, Towle Consulting; USA
- Catalina del Mar Silva Bello, Fixed Income Trader, Profesionales de Bolsa; Columbia
- Evis Pustina, Experienced Senior Associate, McGladrey LLP; USA
- Divya Seth, Senior Manager, Colliers International; India
- Mercedes Owolabi, Analyst in Finance, Goldman Sachs; USA
Year Three Scholarship Recipients: September 2013
- Holly Anhut, Head of Relationship Management, SFG Alternatives, USA
- Sarah Colvin, Managing Director of Investor Relations, KG Funds Management, USA
- Nili Gilbert, Co-Founder, Matarin Capital Management, USA
- Morgan McGrath, Trader, Chicago Capital Management, USA
- Fides Nino, Financial Instructor, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, Mexico
- Nnena Patricia Nkongho, Consultant, USA
- Pauline Nguyen, MBA Candidate, Hong Kong
- Maria Krishna Pabalan, Trader, Bank of the Philippine Islands, Philippines
- Roselin Qu, MBA Candidate, USA
- Lisa Scheible, Consultant, Switzerland
Year Two Scholarship Recipients: September 2012
- Karla Canavan, Head of Distribution and Financial Structures, Bunge; Geneva, Switzerland
- Candace Chandra, AQEX LLC; Washington, D.C., USA
- Yuh-Ning Chen, President/Founder, Chenwu Capital Management; Saratoga, CA
- Marvena Edmond, Senior Associate, Advisory Asset Management, Ernst & Young; New York, NY
- Jacqueline Hayot, Chief Operating Officer, Iron Harbor Capital Management; Brooklyn, NY
- Majlinda Kamberi, Research Analyst, Larch Lane Advisors; New York, NY
- Swati Olebe, Student, MIT; New Paltz, NY
- Nimisha Patel, Sr. Research Analyst, Segal Rogers Casey; New York, NY
- Veronica Wong, Director, Moon Capital Management; New York, NY
- Tomoko Yano, Senior Analyst, MCP Asset Management Co., LTD; Hong Kong
Year One Scholarship Recipients: September 2011
- Annette Cazenave, Executive Vice President, R.J. O'Brien Alternative Asset Management, USA
- Indre Dargyte, Associate, Laven Partners, UK
- Kacy Gambles, Investment Management Specialist, Wells Fargo, USA
- Deanna Ingram, Public Markets Portfolio Manager, Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund, USA
- Katherine Kaminski, Senior Investment Research Analyst, RPM Risk & Portfolio Management, Sweden
- Alana Mee-Hyoe Koo, Analyst, Singapore
- Akanksha Rawat, Senior Analyst, DeutscheBank, India
- Kaoutar Sbiyaa, Analyst, Rothschild & Cie Gestion, France
- McKenzie Slaughter, President/CEO, Beyond Capital Markets, USA
Tenke Zoltani, Investment Manager, Islan Asset Management, Switzerland